Wednesday, June 22, 2011

It's a bad idea to drive through Wilsonville, Oregon!

Caution, avoid Wilsonville Oregon at all costs! They trap tourists with $280 traffic tickets and unpleasant police officers.

Here's a letter I wrote to the city:

"I made a quick stop off the interstate to get fuel. I wanted to go straight at the intersection, but noticed the arrow in between the two lanes (as seen below).



I wanted to be on the safe side, so I took a left as instructed by the arrow. After I turned, I was pulled over by a police officer who said I made an illegal left hand turn. I tried to explain that the arrow was actually in between both lanes but the officer interrupted me and said "I was confused." As you can see by the photo the arrow is clearly in both lanes.

The ironic part is I actually needed to go straight but I thought turning left was the right thing to do. I would really appreciate your consideration of my request to dismiss this ticket. I had an amazing visit to your beautiful state and this expensive fine really spoiled it for me. In case you decide against me, I've included a check for the ticket (- the safe driver discount). I'm an extremely safe driver with no previous tickets and I would have been happy to go straight at the intersection if the arrow would have directed me too."

Of course, Wilsonville was happy to take my money with no response. Of course this was Memorial Day and I was out of State, so they knew I wouldn't be around to fight the ticket.

This should be CRIMINAL, but when police are involved, who do you turn to?

Please spread this around so nobody else falls into the trap!

I can honestly say, the WORST PART OF OREGON IS WILSONVILLE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment